Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rings

So this morning I had to get on the later bus (I try for the one a little after 7, but the one a little after 7:30 gets me to school on time too), so while I waited I went into the gas station to get out of the cold (it snowed again...sheesh...). I went over to scan chips and stuff, when suddenly I heard the "be-da-lee" of Sonic getting a coin. It came from over by the checkout counter, so I looked over to see if someone's phone was doing it, since I've seen someone have it as their "new text" sound, but no one pulled their phone out/had it out/was putting it away. I figured it must have been one of the people buying stuff, and they were being polite and not checking it while they were talking to the clerk. But then I heard it again. And again, and again. I couldn't see any source of it, unless there was some toy on the shelf by the counter or something, so I circled around to the other side. Everyone but me left, and the sound didn't go again, so I figured I just missed whoever was doing it. I looked at DVDs for a little while (nothing worthwhile), when there it was again! I looked back at the counter and it happened again. It had to be something behind the counter now, no way the customers at the counter just happened to have the same ringtone/toy, so I slowly walked across the store while watching what could be doing it. Then I saw it. The cashiers had some new touch screen cash registers, and every time they "confirmed" or anything, it would make the Sonic ring sound! I couldn't believe it - first that it would make noise at all, since that would pretty quickly become annoying to both the cashiers and the customers, and second that it would actually be the Sonic sound! I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but that's just funny.

That was everything I intended to post at first, but when I wrote "Rings" for the title, it first reminded me of 'Rings" the movie, and therefore "The Ring" and "The Ring Two" too, then of The Lord of the Rings, so I'll write about each as well.

The Ring is awesome. It's definitely one of my favorite horror/thriller/whatever you prefer to call it movies. Every time I think about it and go look at the cursed video and whatever else, I always get a little obsessed with it...it's definitely very cool and very creepy...I really want to see "Rings" though...I never really knew what it was until I read a synopsis a little while ago, which of course made me want to see it. The Ring Two definitely didn't measure up, but it was still pretty good.

I'm about...4? chapters into The Hobbit. In fact, that's what's keeping me from finishing The Hobbit the videogame...I want to read it in the book before I play it in the game...whatever that case, I need to watch the movies again, and I need to do it some time when I'm very awake and able to pay close attention...

Battle for Middle-Earth is an amazing game by the way. I need to get it from the library again, then the second one again too.

By the way, adding The Ring and LOTR stuff delayed me a day, sorry about that. I should be doing a couple more today though.

No comments: